DIFFERENT TYPES OF TOWING EQUIPMENTS
There are five kinds of towing equipment utilized by towing companies like A Superior Towing Port Of Key West. The type of towing equipment that will be used for each situation depends on the size of vehicle that should be towed.
- Boom. Though not specifically designed for towing trucks, this is still used in order to recover vehicles that have been stuck in ditches and cesspools.
- Belt lifts. This refers to those looped chains that are attached to vehicles. This allows the tow truck to pull the vehicle by the axle.
- Wheel lifts. These lifts are the latest versions of the hook and chain combinations that were used in the early years of trucking and towing. These refer to those huge metal yokes can be attached under the wheels of the vehicle along with a hydraulic hoist.
- Slide. This towing equipment refers to that ‘bed’ that is placed at the back of the towing truck. The hydraulics of the slide allows the ‘bed’ to move to ground level in order to pull the vehicle using a switch.
- Quick pick. This serves as the integrated towing equipment that combines the features of a boom and a wheel lift. This can be used to repossess vehicles or to transfer illegally parked vehicles.